Progressives tend to believe that utopia is possible.
…to progressives, humans are inherently good, and since that is true, utopia is possible.
It’s too depressing, if humanity is the ultimate reality, to perceive that reality as evil or even flawed. We need our gods to be good. Therefore, to progressives, humans are inherently good, and since that is true, utopia is possible. Heaven can be relocated here on earth.
Progressivism, international socialism, national socialism, communism, fascism – any “ism” based on humanity – are all attempts to create their proponents’ version of utopia.
Progressives believe that a utopian America could already exist were it not for exploitative and oppressive groups that have kept it from being realized. Progressivism, international socialism, national socialism, communism, fascism – any “ism” based on humanity – are all attempts to create their proponents’ version of utopia. They all believed that to achieve their utopia they must destroy the group or groups oppressing them. International socialists blamed the bourgeoisie; national socialists blamed Jews; Italian fascists blamed Christianity and the upper class; communists blamed capitalists. Newthinkers, as we shall see, blame many of these and more.
Because of their belief in the possibility of an earthly utopia, newthinkers do not compare America to other actual societies in the present or past. In such comparisons, America would fare well. As Dennis Prager argues, progressives instead compare it, unfavorably, to a future utopia. All the features of this progressive utopia will become clear as this blog progresses. But, as I’ve already discussed, it will:
• Celebrate humanity rather than God
• Value youth and childish characteristics
• Revere physical health
• Venerate nature and all things natural
• Have very few limitations on public behavior
• Promote all cultural expressions equally (In other words, it will discourage any cultural expressions.)
• Promote all ideas equally (In other words, it will discourage the use of ideas.)
• Discourage tradition
• Value emotion over intellect
• Be concerned with popularity rather than right and wrong
• Elevate the importance of groups over individuals
• Be undemanding of individuals, as long as they don’t oppose the system
• Encourage collective action toward its goals
- March Towards Utopia – Progressives Call This Progress? (freedomoutpost.com)
- Techno Yid: A beginning of a conservative philosophy. (technoyid.blogspot.com)